Home » Uncategorized » Past Travel History- Punta Cana

Past Travel History- Punta Cana

Two years ago my family an I went on a family vacation to Punta Cana. Punta Cana is in the Dominican Republic. We were all very excited to visit because none of us have been to the Dominican Republic before. After the plane ride we took a shuttle to our hotel. We were very fortunate to stay at the Hard Rock Resort and Casino in Punta Cana. I was so shocked at how beautiful and big the resort was.

I felt very welcomed at the resort. When my family and I first arrived we were served drinks right off the shuttle. All of the employees at the resort were so friendly and made our experience in the Dominican even better. We stayed at the resort the majority of the trip because it had everything we needed. One day we left the resort to go on an excursion. We went on ATV’s at a place 30 minutes from the resort. While on the drive I was able to see how poor the Dominican is. It was crazy how just outside the beautiful resort we were staying at was another life so different than mine. You could see how poor and underdeveloped it was.

While on the ATV’s little kids would run up to us and try to sell us flowers for money. It was so heartbreaking to see how little they were and they were trying to make money to help support their families. We all gave them all the cash we had on us because it was so sad. I wish I could have gave them everything. My family trip to Punta Cana really opened my eyes to up to whats going on in the world and how different life is for so many people. It made me want to make a change in the world. I want to be able to give back one day. I am very fortunate to have been able to visit the Dominican Republic and stay at such a beautiful resort, but I am even more fortunate for the lesson it taught me. I hope one day I will be able to give back more to the less fortunate people around the world.